God has commanded us to love one another. But there are times that we fail to do it because we easily get offended by people and circumstances around us. When Jesus walked in the world, he showed us what it really means to love despite the pain and shame he went through. And He is calling us to do the same for the following reasons:
- HE IS LOVE (1 John 4:8). Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.
- WE ARE CHRIST’S DISCIPLES (John 13:35). By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.
- LOVE IS THE FULFILLMENT OF THE LAW (Romans 13:10). Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
- PERFECT LOVE CASTS OUT FEAR (1 John 4:18). There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
- LOVE IS THE FRUIT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT (Galatians 5:22). But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness…
- LOVE IS THE REASON WHY WE ARE SAVED (John 3:16). For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
- WITHOUT LOVE WE ARE NOTHING AND WE GAIN NOTHING (1 Corinthians 13:2,3) If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.
Share to bless others!